Thank you for your interest in our organization! Please complete an application online if you are interested in any of the job opportunities listed below. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we ask that you do not call regarding the status of your application. If your application is selected for the interview phase, you will be contacted.
After the interview phase, applicants will be required to pass a drug screen and background check. Following this, applicants will participate in a staff orientation and undergo TB skin testing.
The benefit package for full-time employees includes: Major Medical-Humana (CADA pays 75% of the premium), 10 vacation days per year, paid holidays, 12 sick days per year, and $10,000 life insurance. Voluntary products include supplemental policies with Colonial Life/Ameritas (dental, disability, cancer, accident, etc.) and Legal Shield pre-paid legal service. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Click a position below to learn more and apply.
Summary of Position Responsibilities: The purpose of the Nurse Supervisor position is to hire, train and supervise qualified nursing staff to provide medical screening, assessment, orientation, medication management/documentation, education, direct care, and treatment to clients. The Nurse Supervisor shall also personally provide direct client care 40 hours per week, take calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and be onsite as needed after normal business hours.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) currently licensed in the state of Louisiana
- 2 years of experience as a nursing supervisor in a substance abuse treatment facility preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and maintaining qualified nursing staff
- Collaborate with Medical Director and multidisciplinary team (MDT) to ensure that thorough and appropriate medical assessments are performed and treatment is provided to clients in a timely manner
- Supervise and complete performance evaluations of nursing staff
- Ensure that the required nurse staffing patterns are met and all shifts are adequately covered
- Participate in planning, developing, and implementing client treatment plans
- Assist in screening, intake, admission, assessment, orientation and education of clients
- Supervise and assist in the management, administration and documentation of medications to clients
- Order, organize, track, and inventory medical/pharmaceutical supplies, equipment, and medications
- Ensure that nursing staff receive required training
- Monitor and ensure that all medical expenditures meet budgetary guidelines
- Monitor and ensure medical quality assurance and conduct performance improvement activities
- Ensure that all regulatory and accreditation medical standards and CADA policies and procedures are met
COUNSELOR – Outpatient & Adult Residential
Summary of Position Responsibilities: The purpose of the Counselor position is to provide counseling and education to CADA clients and complete all required training and certifications within the specific scope of practice.
- Must be a Registered Addiction Counselor (RAC), Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC), Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) with current and valid credentials from the appropriate licensing or regulatory board/agency to practice in the field of behavioral health
- Knowledgeable about the disease of chemical dependency and its treatment
- Previous experience in the treatment of substance abuse preferred
- Assist with screening clients for eligibility and appropriate level of care when necessary
- Complete required documentation for admission and coordinate orientation of the clients
- Interview clients, review client records and confer with other professionals to assess client’s biopsychosocial factors
- Collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other clinicians to coordinate and plan treatment
- Formulate treatment plan(s) with the client
- Utilize appropriate counseling methods and techniques within the specific scope of practice to assist clients in exploring problems and the consequences of said problems
- Conduct client and family counseling and education in group and/or individual settings
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress in accordance with a formulated treatment plan
- Assist with the utilization review process by providing complete and accurate client information to billing personnel and/or the health insurance provider when requested
- Recognize and address clients in crisis
- Complete accurate records and reports regarding the clients’ histories, progress, and services provided
- Conduct discharge planning and refer clients and/or families to appropriate community resources
- Conduct collection and complete forms for client drug testing
- Adhere to any applicable laws, regulations, and agency policies governing substance abuse treatment
Hours: Saturday & Sunday Nights: 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM
Summary of Position Responsibilities: The purpose of the Nurse position is to provide medical screening, assessment, education, care, and treatment to clients and applicable training to staff. The Nurse shall also screen potential clients and conduct intake, admission, and orientation of clients as needed.
- Nursing degree (LPN) and currently licensed in the state of Louisiana
- Experience in substance abuse treatment preferred
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Perform medical assessment and obtain personal medical and psychiatric histories of clients on admission
- Assist physician in medical examinations and ensures that physician orders are transcribed and addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform admission and random urine drug testing on every client
- Assemble and organize client records on admission and ensure that all necessary documents are completed
- Administer medications and other medical treatments prescribed by Medical Director or consulted physicians
- Document nursing interventions, treatment rendered, problems identified, and progress of clients
- Perform TB testing on all clients and provide voluntary HIV, STD, and pregnancy testing
- Provide pre-test and post-test counseling to clients who are tested for TB, HIV, STD, and pregnancy
- Identifyany special dietary needs of clients and coordinate delivery of those needs with the cook
- Conduct individual and/or group education to clients regarding prescribed medications and health risks
Direct Care Technician
Summary of Position Responsibilities: Monitor and assist clients in a residential treatment program with daily living activities. 24 hour facility, all shifts needed.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client care and personal services preferred
- Previous experience in an addiction treatment setting preferred
- CNA preferred
- Complete shift reports and client observation records
- Assist with intakes, transfers and discharges
- Search client’s personal belongings for unauthorized items
- Perform healthcare-related tasks including, but not limited to, monitoring vital signs and medications under the direction of medical staff
- Assist in crisis prevention
- Conduct client drug screening
- Maintain order and cleanliness on the unit, and performs tasks including, but not limited to, light housekeeping duties and washing linens/bedding
- Serve meals/snacks and issues necessary supplies to clients
- Ensure the physical safety of clients by implementing and ensuring safety policies and procedures, coordinating safety drills, and providing assistance during emergency situations
- Provide transportation for clients if authorized to do so
The Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse of Northwest Louisiana (CADA) supports individuals who are in training to become healthcare professionals. To that end, CADA accepts and trains interns in behavioral health and substance abuse treatment. These interns are referred from licensed educational institutions in the community. CADA offers internship positions in residential and outpatient programs. CADA’s goal is to contribute to the quality of healthcare in the community by offering a rewarding and educational experience to future healthcare providers.